Molecular Biology WWW server by GenomeNet Japan

Akiyama Yutaka akiyama at kuicr.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Tue Jul 5 19:43:18 EST 1994

* Announcing the Molecular Biology WWW Server by GenomeNet Japan

  GenomeNet is a Japanese computer network for genome research and
  related research areas in molecular and cellular biology.
  Since 1991, we have been offering e-mail, FTP, gopher, and other
  client-based services through GenomeNet.

  We now announce the availability of the GenomeNet WWW server.
  The access URL is:

        http://www.genome.ad.jp

  Currently, the top menu contains:
        1) About the GenomeNet
        2) DBGET Integrated Database Retrieval System
        3) Anonymous FTP of the GenomeNet
        4) Molecular Biology WWW Servers in the World

  The DBGET system is the major item in this service, where related
  entries in the following databases are linked together.
        Bibliographic data (Medline, LITDB)
        DNA/RNA sequences (GenBank, EMBL)
        Protein sequences (SWISS-PROT, PIR, PRF, PDBSTR)
        Protein 3-D structures (PDB)
        Protein sequence motifs (Prosite)
        Protein mutation data (PMD)
        Chemical compounds in enzyme reaction (LIGAND)
        Amino acid indices (AA-Index)
        Genome mapping data (GDB)
        Genetic diseases (OMIM)
  The links are generated by computer programs and embedded in the
  text to be sent to you.

  You may start with any one of the databases (use the graphical links
  diagram if you like) except Medline and GDB, and retrieve an entry
  by key words, the entry name, or the accession number.  Then, by just
  clicking highlighted words (hotlinks) in the text, you can move into
  related entries in other databases.  In LIGAND you may also examine
  chemical structures of small molecules.

  This WWW server is still under development.  We welcome your comments
  and suggestions.  Please send your e-mail message to:
        www at genome.ad.jp      (on WWW server)
        trouble at genome.ad.jp  (on GenomeNet service in general)

--
  Yutaka Akiyama (akiyama at kuicr.kyoto-u.ac.jp)