Eating grasshoppers---any entomologists or anyone have any info??

Adrian Riskin riskin at
Tue Jul 12 06:42:50 EST 1994

Does anyone know of any information on eating grasshoppers?  In particular,
which types are good to eat, how does one cook them, can they be eaten raw,

Thanks, Adrian.

PS  If this isn't the appropriate place to ask, I apologize.  I looked for
some entomology newsgroups, because I know that some entomologists are in
favor of bug eating, but I couldn't find any.

                             Adrian Riskin
                       Department of Mathematics
                      Northern Arizona University
                        Flagstaff, Arizona 86011