fiddler crabs

gabriel ross gross1 at cc.swarthmore.edu
Wed Jul 13 10:41:42 EST 1994

Does anybody know of a reliable morphological clue to distinguish between
the juveniles of Uca pugnax and U. minax.  The literature and field
guides(Williams, Minor) tend to mention minax's red spots at the joints and
grooves behind the eyes, but these features do not seem to appear until as
ceratin level of amturity and we need to identify very young specimens.
This problem is holding up a project, so an answer would be greatly
appreciated, especially a quick answer by email.
Thanks.

--
gabriel ross
lab slave
gross1 at cc.swarthmore.edu

--

"I'm just a man, but I try to be a human,"

                                   --john wesley harding