blue/brown eyes

MICHAEL P. KOLOTILA MKOLOTILA at RCNVMS.RCN.MASS.EDU
Wed Jul 13 13:48:39 EST 1994

Hi Bionetters,
A quetion arose in my intro biology class about eye color that I don't have a
good answer for or at least one that I can back up with documentation.  What is
the reason that some individuals have one blue eye and one brown eye?  I
thought that it may be due to chromosomal inactivation, but that would probably
only work for females if eye color is sex-linked.  Anyone out there have an
answer?  Please on Bioforum as I am sure that other people are losing sleep
over this too. ;-)
Thanks in advance.
Michael
* Michael P. Kolotila, Ph.D.             ** e-mail:  mkolotila at ecn.mass.edu   *
* Biotechnology Program Coordinator                                           *
* Biotechnology Program                  ** phone:  (508)-374-3887            *
* Department of Natural Science                                               *
* Northern Essex Community College       ** fax:     (508)-374-3723           *
* 100 Elloitt Way                                                             *
* Haverhill, MA  01830-2399                                                   *