Any Functional Programmers in Biology ???

Georg Fuellen fuellen at math10.Mathematik.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Fri Jul 15 09:28:40 EST 1994

I'm looking for experiences folks may have using functional
programming in biocomputing.
I'd also be very happy about any comments you may have about this.
Do not hesitate, reply today !

(For more info about functional programming, see the FAQ of
the comp.lang.functional newsgroup. Basically, instead of
"total = 0; for (i=1; i<=10; ++i) total += i;" (in imperative
programming) you evaluate the function sum [1..10]
and the compiler takes care of efficient code generation,
and you're usually introducing less bugs, because there are
no side-effects)

    (I hope you dont see this twice, yesterday's post didnt get thru)
--
  georg
fuellen at Mathematik.Uni-Bielefeld.DE