Amino acid frequency analysis

Dave Pearton pearton at
Fri Jul 15 06:18:36 EST 1994

About three years ago I came across a program that analysed the frequency
amino acids with in a protein and compared them to the statistical average
frequency of amino acid usage in a particular organism.  I, unfortunately,
have no access to the machine that I used at that time and cannot remember
the name of the programme, or where I can get hold of it.

The program was public domain and worked on Unix platforms (I succesfully
compiled it on a sun).

Does anyone have any idea of the program name, where I can get hold of it,
or has the reference (there was a paper cited)?  If so could you please pass
on the information to me, via e-mail preferably.

Thanks in advance.

Dave Pearton				* ....As I was saying before I
Biochemistry Dept.			* was so rudely interrupted
University of Natal			* by one of my multiple
Pietermaritzburg			* personalities....
pearton at		* Naked Lunch (W.S. Burroughs)