Eating Grasshoppers

tivol at tethys.ph.albany.edu tivol at tethys.ph.albany.edu
Mon Jul 18 17:01:00 EST 1994

Dear Steven,
	Actually, gutting and skinning a steer isn't so bad!  I have helped
with lambs and a bull calf, because I think that anyone who eats an animal
should be prepared to deal with the preparation steps.  My wife came along to
take pictures expecting to be somewhat disgusted, but she found the process
fascinating, and we now have some good pictures--the omentum was particularly
interesting.
	My cats have eaten grasshoppers only temporarily; however, the farm
cats present at the lamb slaughtering were particularly fond of the testicles.	I can also tell you a story about the rabbit liver pate I prepared for
a lab party once.

					Yours,

					Bill Tivol