Japanese?

Dhugal J. Lindsay dhugal at ori.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Tue Jul 19 18:02:09 EST 1994

In article <Ct6KFw.F9B at bwco.com>, clb35 at bwco.com (Alan Lewis) writes:

> SORRY! Not a biological question, but not sure where else to post it!
>
> Does anyone know the word KANSEI, and what it means. I think it is Japanese.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Alan.

It usually means to finish or complete but can also mean any of the below:
dry
quiet
sensitivity
inertia
control
a shout of joy

depending on which chinese characters are used. Take your pick.;-)
Regards,

Dhugal J. Lindsay

Ocean Research Institute, University of Tokyo
(all opinions cited are my own and not my employers)

Winter Seagull in life no home in death no grave
                                                                              Katoh Shuson