CALL FOR DISCUSSION: MOLLUSCS/bionet.molbio.molluscs

Elizabeth Boulding boulding at uoguelph.ca
Wed Jul 20 11:03:59 EST 1994

Hello,  I am the author of this proposal to move
mollusc-molecular-news at sfu.ca
to bionet so I thought I would clarify some points.
  Our newsgroup has already existed for three years as
a maillist.  We only discuss work with mollusc DNA.  Up until
now our discussion has mainly been about methods for isolating
mollusc DNA, compilation of PCR primers that work in molluscs,
and discussion of mollusc molecular systematics.  We wish to
restrict our group to discussions about the molecular biology
of molluscs which is why we requested we be listed as:
bionet.molluscs.molbio
I don't mind if it becomes:
bionet.molbio.molluscs
but then it wouldn't easily be found by people reading about
molbio on bionet and it wouldn't match the entry for yeast.
  People who can't wait to join our newsgroup until after this
is settled should send me a message at:
boulding at uoguelph.ca
  There already is a successful listserv that discusses
mollusc biology in general.  To subscribe send a message to:
listserv at ucmp1.berkeley.edu
which contains the line:
subscribe mollusca (your name)
Cheers, Elizabeth Boulding.
Dr. Elizabeth Grace Boulding
Dept. of Zoology
University of Guelph
Guelph, ON
N1G 2W1
Canada
telephone: (519) 824-4120 (x4961)
FAX: (519) 767-1656
email: boulding at uoguelph.ca
summer address between May 8th-August 20th.
Bamfield Marine Station
Bamfield, B.C.
VOR 1BO
Canada
Bamfield Marine Station secretary: (604) 728-3301
FAX: (604) 728-3452
email: boulding at uoguelph.ca