Particle Bombardment

SPLUHAR at CROP.UOGUELPH.CA SPLUHAR at CROP.UOGUELPH.CA
Thu Jul 21 13:53:36 EST 1994

I am a graduate student who is carrying out transformation experiments
on Alfalfa using particle bombardment. The particles that our lab uses
are 1 micro gold pellets. Our current supplyer is Biorad who charges
over $320 Canadian for .25 g of particles. I was hoping someone may
know of a cheaper source of gold particles  than Biorad. If you do
please let me know.

I have also read that tungstan may also be used for bombardment
purposes; but that gold particles give higher transformation rates.
I was woundering if any of you could tell me weather gold particles
made that great a difference in your personal experience.

Thankyou for your help in this matter.

* Stephen A. Pluhar                                                 *
* SPLUHAR at CROP.UOGUELPH.CA         Dept. Crop Science  U. of Guelph *
* Phone: 519-824-4120 Ext. 4865    Guelph, Ontario, Canada. N1G 2W1 *