Bergey's Manual

Norman Suguitan suguitan at ucssun1.sdsu.edu
Sat Jul 23 15:35:25 EST 1994

I am interested in finding out specific pages in Bergey's Manual
of Determinative Bacteriology and Bergey's Manual of Systematic
Bacteriology which refers to a Lactose fermentation of a bacterira
with gas production.  So far, I have almost looked at most of the tables
and no table mention about lactose fermentation with gas production.  However,
the tables mention about glucose fermentation with gas production.  Is there
a difference between the glucose and lactose fermentation?  Is Bergey's assuming
that if there is gas production in glucose, then the bacteria should also
have gas production in lactose?

thanks

norman

suguitan at ucssun1.sdsu.edu