Split up methods-reagents?

Jim Owens jow at helix.nih.gov
Tue Jul 26 15:44:38 EST 1994

In article <310kcl$cof at news.doit.wisc.edu> , lehn at islet.medsch.wisc.edu
>I've been noticing that the methods-reagents traffic is
>increasing.  Perhaps it is time that this group is split

In article <djackson-250794150808 at> Don Jackson,
djackson at welchlink.welch.jhu.edu writes:
>Personally, I'd be against it.  All of those categories include
>of interest and relevance to me, so I'd end up reading all of them.  I
>suspect this would be true for a good many people for just about any
>subdivision scheme.

I'm against splitting this news group.  One reason is that given by Don
Jackson.  This thread is cross-posted in bionet.general, supporting this

As for the traffic, it is ten-fold less than the slowest of the five
comp.sys.mac.* newsgroups I follow.  The number of messages in one day on
one of those groups seems to be about the same as accumulates in two
weeks here.

Jim Owens