Where is the microbiology group?

Martin Latterich micro at mendel.berkeley.edu
Wed Jul 27 22:57:27 EST 1994

In article <19940727182111.oconne18 at thomashaw-at.css.msu.edu>
oconne18 at pilot.msu.edu  (Kevin P. O'Connell) writes:

> Hi all!
> Is the microbiology newsgroup set up yet?  Is it dead?  I thought I read
> that it passed the vote.  Perhaps some kind person could clue me in?
> Kev

Kev:

Yes the microbiology newsgroup is up and running :). However, I have
received a flood of e-mail that some newsreaders do not carry that
group.
Best advice I can give is to complain to your local newsadmin about it
and ask the admin to subscribe to it. If that causes delay or
difficulties, you can subscribe to it by e-mail temporarily until your
newsserver subscribes to it.
Information on how to subscribe can be found in the micro FAQ which can
be retrieved by anonymous ftp from mendel.berkeley.edu in the
/pub/micro directory. Also, if you have no access to ftp, you can
e-mail me and I'll send you the info.

                        Sincerely,

                        Martin Latterich
                        BIONET.MICROBIOLOGY Discussion Leader