Where is the microbiology group?

J R Small eang95 at castle.ed.ac.uk
Fri Jul 29 03:58:10 EST 1994

In article <3191tc$m22 at usenet.INS.CWRU.Edu> jxb43 at po.CWRU.Edu (Jean Buffum) writes:

>In a previous article, oconne18 at pilot.msu.edu (Kevin P. O'Connell) says:
>
>>Hi all!
>>Is the microbiology newsgroup set up yet?  Is it dead?  I thought I read
>>that it passed the vote.  Perhaps some kind person could clue me in?
>>Kev
>>

>I would like to know the same thing!  Here is the response the locals gave
>us:

>bionet.microbiology was recently approved by vote.  any chance we'll be
>seeing it on the usenet menu?
>==========
>We have not received the `newgroup' message for this group.  Once
>the group is created locally, it will be accessible from the
>usenet menu.
>--
>xx998  --  Freenet Administration              Please send bug reports to
>Moderator -- Mike Kukura                       xx999, modem problems to nic
>** Current Temporary Moderator -- Chet Ramey **
> - Check "freenet.admin.questions" (go admin) before sending us a question!
>-

I got exactly the same response from usenet admin people at Edinburgh. I
had to ask them 4 times before they finally were convinced that the
group existed and that people were posting to it. I think there must
have been with the sending of the 'newgroup' message. Ask your local
admin people to check, as other places are having/had the same problem.

Rankin Small