HELP! coli genetic markers

Cornelius Krasel krasel at alf.biochem.mpg.de
Fri Jul 29 03:01:46 EST 1994

Fencerex (fencerex at aol.com) wrote:
: I am in need of help.  I need a complete list of all the known genetic
: markers in E. coli.  A complete list of coli strains would be helpful as
: well.

You will be unable to get a complete list of strains since new strains
are developed continuously throughout the world (most of which are K-12
derivatives...).

For a _printed_ list of known genetic markers, see

Barbara J. Bachmann: Linkage Map of Escherichia coli K-12, Edition 8.
    Microbiol. Rev. 54(2), 130--197, 1990. (I don't think that there
    is a newer version available.)

Monica Riley: Functions of the Gene Products of Escherichia coli.
    Microbiol. Rev. 57(4), 862--952, 1993. (Does not list all markers.)

The various E. coli databases will probably contain some more markers.

--Cornelius.

/* email: krasel at alf.biochem.mpg.de                 fax: +49 89 8578 3795 */
/* "People are DNA's way of making more DNA." (Edward O. Wilson, 1975)    */