Where is the microbiology group?

Bert Popping Bert.Popping at durham.ac.uk
Fri Jul 29 03:09:25 EST 1994

Dear Kevin,

the bionet.microbiology newsgroup is definetely not dead. It has been
established a month ago, but it took our newsfeed site a whole month to
make it available. The interesting point about it is that it was created
at some other sites much earlier !

You have three possibilities:
	1) subscribe via E-Mail. Ask Martin Latterich
(micro at mendel.berkeley.edu) or search in the archives for the address.

	2) try another site (perhaps you have access to databases (DNA,
protein etc.). Try to run the newsreader program there (tin, xrn)

	3) wait 'til it is locally created

Bert

 Kevin P. O'Connell (oconne18 at pilot.msu.edu) wrote:
: Hi all!
: Is the microbiology newsgroup set up yet?  Is it dead?  I thought I read
: that it passed the vote.  Perhaps some kind person could clue me in?
: Kev

|                                  ... usual disclaimer applies.          |
|_________________________________________________________________________|
| 	Dr. B. Popping				                          |
| 	University of Durham			    			  |
| 	Dept. Biol. Sci. 	  PHONE   +44 91 374 2430 	          |
| 	South Road                FAX     +44 91 374 2417 	          |
| 	Durham DH1 3LE	          E-MAIL  Bert.Popping at durham.ac.uk       |
| 	ENGLAND			  					  |
|	WWW set pointer to:   http://www.dur.ac.uk/~dbl1bp (my home page) |
|	WWW set pointer to:   http://www.dur.ac.uk/~dbl0zz3 (Dept. Biol.) |