HELP! coli genetic markers

Keith Robison robison at nucleus.harvard.edu
Sat Jul 30 00:18:19 EST 1994

Fencerex (fencerex at aol.com) wrote:
: Hi Cornelius.  Thanks for the help.  Where would I find coli databases?  I
: am navigating on internet via America on line and this menu driven stuff
: is kind of confusing.

The E.coli genetic stock center has a Web server

	http://cgsc.biology.yale.edu/cgsc.html

I think the gopher server has the same hostname, but if not
try fetalpig.

Manfred Kroeger's E.coli datasets are available from the EMBL
FTP site ftp.embl-heidelberg.de

Medigue et al have made their E.coli database (Colibri) freely available as
a 4D database for the Mac.  I don't have the net address handy, but
look a few issues back in Microbiological Reviews (or, look in
SeqAnalRef for Colibri to find the reference; SeqAnalRef is available
for searching on the gopher at gopher.gdb.org).

For Kenn Rudd's database, you should contact him directly at
rudd at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov.

Keith Robison
Harvard University
Department of Genetics / HHMI