mcr loci in e. coli

Fencerex fencerex at aol.com
Sun Jul 31 10:15:03 EST 1994

I need some information on the prevelance of methylases causing
restriction in mcr+ coli hosts, in human pathogenic microorganisims.  I am
working with a group that is having difficulty cloning a number of
different genomic libraries.  We are trying to determine(as quickly as
possible) if a host restriction system might be the problem.  There is
literature on this type of cloning.  Ourproject differs from most
published work in that rather than constructing a library in lambda and
subcloning , we are placing are fragments directly into various coli
hosts.  Does passage through lambda affect methylated genomic DNA?  I
would appreciate any info/references.

Thanks
Jeff F.