Fetal Tissue Transplants

frazer at albnyvms.bitnet frazer at albnyvms.bitnet
Wed Jun 1 08:52:33 EST 1994

I am a student at Russell Sage College in Troy, New York, taking
a course in Ethics and Disability. I would like some input regarding the issue of fetal tissue transplants.
    As abortion is legal and a fetus is not considered a human being,
why are we concerned with how we dispose of this unwanted mass of
tissue?  Why would society care whether it is used for research
or incinerated?  Why should we respect it after it is aborted
and not before?  Please respond in care of C. Frazer. With many thanks,
Sherry Butler