How do other scientists stay organized?

Andrew Cockburn afc at
Thu Jun 2 13:59:25 EST 1994

In article <1994Jun2.133348.12753 at>, cweber at (Christoph Weber) writes:
> Andrew Cockburn (afc at wrote:
<deleted out of modesty>
> Just wonderful, this contribution of Andrew, and very close to (my) real life.
> I wholeheartedly agree.

You are obviously highly intelligent and perceptive!

> I do think, though, that it's a good idea to have the 'core' literature of your field
> in something like Endnote. Entering it there while writing papers, instead of putting
> it right into the paper makes life a lot easier eventually ...
> --
> Christoph Weber                     email: cweber at
> OCI  Uni Zurich                     phone: +41 1 257 4925
> Winterthurerstr. 190                FAX:   +41 1 361 9895
> CH-8057 Zurich,  Switzerland

I usually have five or six old papers or grants on my computer.  I can find
the 'core' literature in one of them and paste it into a new paper.

If I were organized I would have deleted these when they were accepted...

Andrew Cockburn