Flounder "antifreeze" gene reference - admail [1/1]

Jean-Paul cadoret jpcadore at ifremer.fr
Thu Jun 2 03:35:00 EST 1994

In article <0A7AAC71B03F20CED9 at qut.edu.au>, P.HOEBEN at qut.edu.au (HOEBEN) says:

>Dear Fellownetters,
>
>I am after a reference for the Flounder "anti-freeze" gene. Furthermore
>I seem to remember this gene was used to transform other fish. Does
>anybody know which promoter was used and where this was published?
>
>Thank you for your help.
>

>----------------------------------
>|  "N'oublies pas le brouillard" |>----------------------------------
>
>Peter Hoeben
>School of Life Science
>Queensland University of Technology
>GPO box 2434, Brisbane, Qld 4001
>AUSTRALIA
>
>Ph.   +61-7-864-2820
>Fax   +61-7-864-1534
>Email: Hoeben at qut.edu.au

Peter,

the name linked to antifreeze protein is the one of Fletcher et al Can.
 J. Fish. Aquat. Sci. 45: 352-357 and genetic engineering vol 13.
They transformed atlantic Salmon
I think you can find Gary Fletcher at the Ocean sciences centre memorial
of new foundland St Johns Newfoundland, canada AIC 5S7

Jean-Paul