Molecular Systematics Question

James LYONSW at UCONNVM.UCONN.EDU
Fri Jun 3 13:56:28 EST 1994

I am planning a study of speciation in plant genera in the Great Basin
(alpha taxonomy).  I would like to use DNA sequence data to estimate
the phylogeny of species, but there is the ubiquitous rate problem.  Does
anyone know of apparently successful reconstructions of genus-level
phylogeny using something other than ITS, matK, cytB, or
rbcL (especially in plants, although any information would be appreciated).

Best wishes,

James

PS (Yes, I'm considering RF's).

PPS If anyone knows of successful phylogeny estimation at this level
using mtDNA in plants, please inform.