bionet.species.celegans ?

Thomas Burglin burglin at Frodo.MGH.Harvard.EDU
Fri Jun 3 19:47:12 EST 1994

.../>>
>> Or how about bionet.organisms as the stem. Then would follow
>>
>> bionet.organisms.general
>> bionet.organisms.celegans
>

>In light of the fact that there are two other newsgroup proposals
>about to go public that will fall logically into this area, including
>one from Una that adopts this naming convention, I would like to
>encourage the C. elegans people to adopt
>
>bionet.organisms.celegans
>
>as their USENET newsgroup name choice if they have no strong
>objections against this.

I object to this, since we have settled first on bionet.elegans.

If at some point the future there are indeed so many bionet newsgroups
that reorganization becomes necessary, then celegans can be reorganized
too.
The whole C. elegans field has received the message for bionet.celegans
now, I don't think is good to change it now.
Thomas Burglin