Project Green Gene

Thomas Burglin burglin at Frodo.MGH.Harvard.EDU
Sun Jun 5 17:17:59 EST 1994

In article <Cqvu98.Mso at crash.cts.com>, rcdana at crash.cts.com (Richard Dana) writes:
>PROJECT GREEN GENE
>Ambiocom
>P.O. Box 910416
>San Diego, CA 92191-0416
>
>Biologists,
>
>Please provide methods for the isolation of plant DNA so that at least
>the DNA can be preserved from species that are being destroyed.
>
>A global effort for the preservation of plant DNA is now underway.
>
>Richard Dana, Ph.D.
>rcdana at crash.cts.com

Hmm, I am a little puzzled.
What kind of organization is that that proposes to conserve
plant DNA?   I strongly support such an effort, but I am
baffled that such a project doesn't even have a person on hand
that would know how to prepare plant DNA (agreed, there are many
different plants, and slightly different protocols might
give better results for different species).  The
request seems to be formulated very generically, giving the
impression that no expertise is at hand, which would be worrisome.
Thomas Burglin