re bionet.organisms.zebrafish

Thomas Burglin burglin at Frodo.MGH.Harvard.EDU
Sun Jun 5 17:12:37 EST 1994

>> not like directories or folders on a computer, just newsgroups.
>
>I don't agree. How would you then logically name a general discussion group for
>issues in comparative biology?
>Also, a logically named heirarchy is much more informative to people scanning
>newsgroup titles who are outside the field.

Well, then you create a group bionet.comparative-biology.
A title like bionet.organisms.general  I think would not carry more
information.
However, since it has been mentioned before,
I think a development newsgroup would be a nice cross species
group.
Now would you stuff that under bionet.organisms.development?
Hardly, bionet.development would be a better choice in my opinion.

Thomas Burglin