Una Smith una at
Mon Jun 6 20:32:50 EST 1994

Stephen W. Schaeffer <sws4 at> wrote:

>... Would the current debate suggest that the drosophila
>newsgroup be changed to bionet.organism.drosophila?

I'm not suggesting that.  Are you?  ;-)

As I said before, existing newsgroups are free to change
their names.  Personally, I think it's important to plan
well for the future, but not worry too much about loose
ends left over from the past.  I don't see a great need
for bionet.drosophila to move.  On the other hand, if
the b.d readers want to move to bionet.organisms.*, why
not do it now, rather than later?

Are there *no other* comments on this proposal?

	Una Smith			smith-una at