organ transplants

frazer at albnyvms.bitnet frazer at albnyvms.bitnet
Wed Jun 8 09:22:55 EST 1994

Hello - I am a student in a course called "Ethics and Disability".  We are
required to request feedback on topics that we have researched.  I am
interested in responses to the following questions.  Thanks for your time
and response - Lori R. on Dr. Frazer's e-mail account.

1.  Do you think that organs should be transplanted from animals to humans, as
occurred in the Baby Fae case?

2.  Do you think that organs should be transplanted from a anencephalic
baby who is expected to die within one week, in order to make it possible
for another baby to live?  If the organs are to be healthy, they must be
'harvested' before the anencephalic baby dies naturally.