Altering genes

frazer at albnyvms.bitnet frazer at albnyvms.bitnet
Wed Jun 8 09:58:42 EST 1994

I am a student at Russell Sage College taking a course called 'Ethics and
Disability'.  After researching a topic, we are asked to solicit responses
from interested and informed persons regarding our question.  Your thoughts on the following question are requested, if this is a topic that interests you.

Thank you for your time and response - Wendy S. on e-mail account: Frazer

With the ability through genetic engineering to alter genes that show a
person will have a disability or illness, should we alter them?  That is,
because we have the ability to do so, should we use this ability?