Project Green Gene

BIO101 at DELPHI.COM bio101 at news.delphi.com
Wed Jun 8 04:24:59 EST 1994

rcdana at crash.cts.com (Richard Dana) writes:
The purpose of this posting is to initiate a global effort to save plant
DNA and also to stimulate plant research in a new direction.  I have
a new technology which facilitates plant DNA and RNA isolation. I
want to see it used all over the world. The preservation of DNA is
easy to do and I feel that it must be done.  Of course it would be
better to have the seeds and fragments of plants, others can do
this.  I see great advances in the future where genes are isolated
from this preserrved DNA ...it can be preserved for thousands of
years...long after the seed collections are gone.  Eventually the
technology that is emerging to sequence the humane genome can be
brought to bear on plants.

I request methods and  help from the biologists to make DNA
available from all species of plants to AMBIOCOM and then AMBIOCOM
can facilitate the sharing of the Green Genes.

>PROJECT
GREEN GENE >Ambiocom >P.O. Box 910416 >San Diego, CA 92191-0416