Should We Change Our Name?

BIOSCI Administrator biosci-help at NET.BIO.NET
Thu Jun 16 14:35:45 EST 1994

>   We finally got rid of most of the "Voices" on this news
> group and now we're being inundated by mathematics and
> puzzles.  Is everyone bored with Biology all of a sudden?
> Maybe we should change our name from "Bioforum" to
> "What Ever You Feel Like Talking About-forum".
>
> Henry Putz
> Sterling Winthrop Pharmaceutioocals

A few years back I put out a proposal, that was vigorously opposed by
some, to break off bionet.announce from bionet.general, so that the
announcements that were previously posted to bionet.general were not
always inundated by chat.  Part of my pledge at that time was that I
would cease my "fascist" practice on bionet.general of telling people
to go away when discussions veered off into never-never land.  People
were going to police themselves if need be and bionet.general was
going to be our forum where "anything (in biology at least) goes."

What you see is what you get.  Sorry 8-(.  If the readership wants to
change the charter of the group further, I am open to receiving
proposals sent to biosci-help at net.bio.net.

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				BIOSCI/bionet Manager