RFD bionet.organisms.urodeles

Una Smith una at doliolum.biology.yale.edu
Thu Jun 16 15:44:05 EST 1994

[note crossposting to sci.bio.herp, followup to bionet.general]

Susan Duhon <duhon at silver.ucs.indiana.edu> wrote:

>Dr. Bernard Cohen posted a comment, suggestion that urodeles is too
>restrictive and that the newsgroup ought to include all amphibians.
>... discussion of caecilians and caecilian research could easily be
>accommodated by the urodeles group. ...

I agree:  the topic of discussion in a newsgroup should be of interest
to the readers of that group, not necessarily in perfect accord with
the charter of the newsgroup.

And of course there is a general newsgroup for herpetology:  sci.bio.herp,
which is gated to the herp-l mailing list.  To subscribe, send

	subscribe herp-l <Your Name>
	listproc at xtal220.harvard.edu

The list is administered by Michael Eisen;  I handled the Usenet RFD/CFV
process to create the newsgroup last fall, together with several others.

	Una Smith			smith-una at yale.edu