book on fossil DNA methodology

Kevin O'Donnell odonnell at sasa.gov.uk
Fri Jun 17 04:48:06 EST 1994

Thomas Burglin <burglin at Frodo.MGH.Harvard.EDU> wrote :

>Hi,
>I have seen an add for a booka bout how to prepare
>DNA from mummies, fossils etc.
>However, I can't find the add anymore.
>Does anybody know about this book, where i can find
>the add or the book?
>Thanks
>Thomas Burglin

I think the book you want is:

 Ancient DNA
Recovery and analysis of genetic material from paleontological,
archeological, museum, medical and forensic specimens
B. Herrmann and S. Hummel Eds.
Springer-Verlag
1993
ISBN 0-387-97929-8

Information taken from the Ancient DNA newsletter.

Kevin O'Donnell
Scottish Agricultural Science Agency     "We must combine pessimism
East Craigs                               of the intellect with
Edinburgh           Tel. 031 244 8924     optimism of the will."
EH12 8NJ            Fax  031 244 8940
Scotland                                  Antonio Gramsci
odonnell at jura.sasa.gov.uk