sick bldg/Stachyboytris

MICHAEL P. KOLOTILA MKOLOTILA at RCNVMS.RCN.MASS.EDU
Wed Jun 29 07:46:53 EST 1994

Hi fellow bionetters,

I hope that someone out there can help me answer a question posed to me by my
Dean.  We have been having some problems with one of the buildings, i.e., sick
building syndrome.  Stachybotyris (spelling may be a little off) was isolated
and my Dean wants to know it is associated with sick buildings.  My memory and
medical mycology books list it as a contaminant.  So does any one know if it is
associated with sick building syndrome?  Is it an allergen?

Thanks in advance.

Michael
* Michael P. Kolotila, Ph.D.             ** e-mail:  mkolotila at ecn.mass.edu   *
* Biotechnology Program Coordinator                                           *
* Biotechnology Program                  ** phone:  (508)-374-3887            *
* Department of Natural Science                                               *
* Northern Essex Community College       ** fax:     (508)-374-3723           *
* 100 Elloitt Way                                                             *
* Haverhill, MA  01830-2399                                                   *