Biologists Search Palette

birney at molbiol.ox.ac.uk birney at molbiol.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jun 29 11:07:04 EST 1994

	**** The Biologists Search Palette ****

	I've written a very brief HTML script which binds together a
variety of biological databases into one page. The page can be used
locally by anyone (no CGI scripts here) and provides a nice an easy
way of searching a variety of different databases.

	You'll need a client program that supports Forms (xmosaic
2.0 or greater). I've managed to use it with the most recent mosaic
for windows but people tell me that mosaic for windows forms capabilities
is a little dodgy.

	Currently the databases available through the palette are

	o The Entrez Browser at NCBI (with some online help)
	o The OWL, NRL3D, PIR and EC Enzyme databases at John Hopkins
	o The ACEDB database at Harvard (its a gopher server)
	o The PDB database at Brookhaven
	o The Swissprot database at Expasy
	o The Biosci news and people at gopher.bio.net

	Point your WWW client at

	http://www.molbiol.ox.ac.uk/www/ewan/palette.html

	If I've missed anything out please email me at
birney at molbiol.ox.ac.uk: indeed any feedback is welcome.

hope it's useful...

ewan

birney at molbiol.ox.ac.uk