We're in trouble

Cameron Neylon camn at uniwa.uwa.edu.au
Thu Jun 30 03:59:35 EST 1994

I've always felt that the science was the art of defining ones
ignorance. The more you know, the more you realise what you don't know.
It osn't important to know everything. Its important to know what you
don't know and that you need to find new things out.

The general public views scientists (maybe) as people who know lots, but
maybe we need to sell ourselves as people who know bits about
soemthings, but are really interested in finding out what they don't
know.

Just my $0.02 (and thats in Australian dollars as well :)