Announcing GCRDb: A G-protein--coupled receptor database

Lee F. FrankKolakowski lfk at receptor.mgh.harvard.edu
Tue Mar 1 07:17:44 EST 1994

I would like to announce the availability of a new database dedicated
to keeping data on G-protein--coupled receptors in one place.

Todate there are over 900 entries in GenBank and the other databases.
These entries have been collected and added to and classified.

The classifications and the database itself is described in a
manuscript which is available electronically.

The details:

GCRDb is available in a limited version today, more data including
mutant and ligand data are in preparation.

GCRDb is available for anonymous FTP access from two sites:

Receptor.MGH.Harvard.edu (132.183.143.16) in /pub/GCRDb
NCBI.NLM.NIH.gov         (130.14.25.1)    in repository/gcrdb

|  GGGGGG              CCCCCC         RRRRRRRR                    |
| G      G  Protein   C      Coupled  R       Receptor - DATABASE |
| G                   C               R       R                   |
| G   GGG             C               RRRRRRRR                    |
| G      G            C      C        R      R                    |
|  GGGGGG              CCCCCC         R       R                   |
| Including several other unknown seven transmembrane segment     |
| containing proteins                                             |

Collected and Maintained by:
Lee F. Kolakowski, Jr (aka Frank)
Massachusetts General Hospital
Renal Unit
Charlestown Navy Yard / Building 149
13th Street
Boston, MA 02129
(617)-726-5666 (Voice)
(617)-726-5643 (Voice)
(617)-726-5669 (Fax)
lfk at receptor.mgh.harvard.edu (main-email)
kolakowski at helix.mgh.harvard.edu (email)
lfk at eastman1.mit.edu (email)

Release 1.0  $Revision: 1.5 $

     This is the protein portion of the G-protein-coupled receptor
database.

     GCRDb is under continual development, and new data is being added
regularly.

     This is meant to be used as a search database for people working
on cloning and characterizing new GCRs. Other data is being added to
the database, and will eventually be released as a complete package.

     GCRDb is being developed without formal funding.  Contributions
will be accepted to defray hardware and programming costs.

     This is provided without any implied or otherwise stated
guarantee as to the completeness or correctness of the data.

GCRDb is protected by a copyright.

-----------------------------------
Copyright (c) 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994 by Lee F. Kolakowski, Jr.
All rights reserved.

Permission is granted to copy and redistribute this database so long
as it is unmodified and the copyright remains intact.  I'd appreciate
it if you told me about any redistribution, but that's not strictly
necessary.
-----------------------------------

Files in this directory are:
	GCRDb.README - This file
	GCRDb.list - A list of entries in GCRDb
	GCRDb.pep  - Data file in PEARSON - Fasta format
	GCRDb.refer - References to sequences in GCRDb in Refer format
	GCRDb_Fig1.hqx - Figure 1 for GCRDb paper in MacDraw
	GCRDbpaper.ps - PostScript of the GCRDb manuscript

The paper in the archive is in press

Please cite as:

	Kolakowski, L.F., (1994) GCRDb: A G-protein--coupled receptor
	database, Receptors and Channels: The International Journal of
	Receptors, Channels and Transporters, In press.

Distribution of this manuscript is limited to personal use. The paper
is copyright by Harwood Academic Press.
--
Frank Kolakowski

O Email: lfk at receptor.mgh.harvard.edu                                 O
O        kolakowski at helix.mgh.harvard.edu                             O
O        lfk at eastman1.mit.edu                                         O
O US Mail: Lee F. Kolakowski        Renal Unit, 8th Flr.              O
O Massachusetts General Hospital    Charlestown Navy Yard             O
O 149 13th Street                   FAX       :  1-617-726-5669       O
O Charlestown, MA 02129             Phone AT&T:  1-617-726-5666       O