A few quick biology questions

Paul Schlosser SCHLOSSER at ciit.org
Thu Mar 3 09:28:21 EST 1994

In: <lbjostad-020394174558 at bjostad1.agsci.colostate.edu>
lbjostad at ceres.agsci.colostate.edu (Lou Bjostad) writes:

>In article <bheymann-270294103832 at biomac1a.bio.purdue.edu>,
>bheymann at bragg.bio.purdue.edu (Bernard Heymann) wrote:
>>
>> In article <lbjostad-250294173133 at bjostad1.agsci.colostate.edu>,
>> lbjostad at ceres.agsci.colostate.edu (Lou Bjostad) wrote:

>> > The blue whales would clearly be your champions in the weight department.
>>
>> By the way, whales live in water :-)
>
>I knew that.  I just assumed the obvious -- it must be a very large ark
>with very large salt-water aquaria.

I presume that the question is:  how large would the ark in the bible need
to be to fulfill it's role?  The point is that, since whales live in water,
they wouldn't need to be on the ark, so they shouldn't be counted.  Now if
we want something on the order of a super-Biosphere II (Bioshphere III?) then
whales, and all the other aquatic organisms, would be counted.

Paul
schlosser at berta.ciit.org