mono lake, california

Alexandro Saavedra 4106ASAA at vm1.ulaval.ca
Thu Mar 3 13:04:22 EST 1994

I have three suggestions:

Nitrogen Fixation Dynamics of Two Diazotrophic Communities in Mono Lake, Califo
rnia, Ronald S. OREMLAND, Applied and Environmental Microbiology 56:3 614-22,
march 1990

Autoecology of a filamentous alga, Ctenocladus circinnatus (Chlorophyceae), in
saline environments, BLINN, D. W., CAN-J-BOT, 49: 735-43

Comparative studies of thte population ecology and life history patterns of an
alkaline salt lake insect: ephydra (hydroporus) hians say, D. B. Herbst, Ph D
thesis, 1986, Oregon State University

I hope this will help; the Herbst thesis is just great. If you ever go to
MOno Lake, I would appreciate if you tell me if you saw Ctenocladus circinnatus
, an algae that lives there; I've never seen it!

    //\\///     Alexandro Saavedra-Vargas
                Phone: (1-418) 656 7777 ext. 17649
    [@] [@]     Fax:   (1-418) 656 6631
--oOO--U-OOo--  e-mail: 4106ASAA at vm1.ulaval.ca