Canine Genetics

HPUTZ at BIOTECHNET.COM HPUTZ at BIOTECHNET.COM
Fri Mar 4 23:30:39 EST 1994

  I currently own both a Border Collie and a Cat.  I've been thinking
about purchasing a hunting dog and have amazed to find out that there
are over 500 distinct breeds of dogs the wprld(world) ovr(over).  Why
such a vast genetic diversity in a species that is inherently adaptable
to almost any environment?  Just a curriousity question for which any
and all speculations are acceptable.  Pardon my poor typing abilities.
I'm a little under the weather at this point.

Henry Putz
HPUTZ at BIOTECHNET>COM