Looking for BBS's with bionet echo

BIOSCI Administrator biosci-help at NET.BIO.NET
Fri Mar 4 22:15:34 EST 1994

> I have a friend who has internet e-mail but not Usenet access.
> She is a researcher at Emory (MS at UT-Austin) who I believe
> would benefit greatly from the information passing through
> these bionet channels.
>
> Many BBS's offer Usenet service, but usually it's rec.stuff,
> alt.stuff, and comp.stuff.  I have yet to see one that carries
> bionet newsgroups.  Has anyone seen such a BBS?  One in Atlanta,
> or anywhere in the Southeast for that matter, would be great for
> obvious reasons.
>
> _I_ have full Net access, so if there's a file somewhere that I can
> ftp, let me know.    Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Chris Campbell      dsrekcc at prism.gatech.edu

Netcom is one possibility (I have no connection with them) and I am
sure there must be many others.  The bionet groups are not part of the
standard USENET feed but must be specifically requested.  You can have
your systems administrator send a message to biosci-help at net.bio.net
and we can assist them in getting a bionet newsgroups feed.

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				BIOSCI/bionet Manager

				biosci-help at net.bio.net