What is GLP, Good Lab Practice?

ditommm at aa.wl.com ditommm at aa.wl.com
Mon Mar 7 07:32:39 EST 1994

> From: sunj at rand
> Newsgroups: bionet.general
> Subject: What is GLP, Good Lab Practice?

> I want to know what is GOOD LABORATORY PRACTICE, or GLP. Is it a kind
> of guideline? Any good reference/book talk about it? Your helps are
> appreciated.

Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs) are regulations that apply to practices for
conducting non-clinical laboratory studies that are intended to support
research applications or marketing permits (i.e. new drug applications - NDAs)
for products regulated by the FDA, including human and animal drugs, medical
devices for human use, biological products, food and color additives, and
animal food additives.

Best source of information would be the Code of Federal Regulations in your
local library.

- Matteo diTommaso