Danger !!!!

Eric Cabot ecec at quads.uchicago.edu
Tue Mar 8 08:23:52 EST 1994

In article <2lh13e$67a at darkstar.UCSC.EDU> aphrael at cats.ucsc.edu (Robert D West) writes:

>In article <9402077630.AA763068763 at email.afip.osd.mil> OLEARY at EMAIL.AFIP.OSD.MIL writes:
>>     Please be aware of the following bulletin from the Norfolk
>>     Southern Police Department (VA) - This has also been confirmed

Can we turn the lights out on this thread now?

     A fax with this information was mass circulated
in Chicago about 8 months ago. This drew a lot of media attention at the
time, leading to the complete debunking of the warning (but not before
it's "ascension" into  the mass distribution machinery of the internet).

     The last line which states that this has been confirmed by some police
department or other is part of the hoax.

-Eric