Seeking asparagus info

Martin Kennedy mkennedy at
Thu Mar 10 23:05:02 EST 1994

In article <2ldrhe$6g0 at>, piggy at (La Monte Yarroll) writes:
> There is something in aparagus which causes a specific odour in urine
> in certain individuals.  Does anybody know what this substance is?
> We would appreciate any information on asparagus or related species.

Somebody knows about this, because years (ca 1986-87) ago I noticed (but
unfortunately didn't read) a paper on the "nature of the odourous substance
in urine after ingestion of asparagus".  Sorry, can't even remember the journal
it was in!

NNNN   NN  Martin A Kennedy (E-mail = mkennedy at  ZZZZZZZ
	      Phone (64-3)364-0880  Fax (64-3)364-0750