Taxonomy of Scallops

Debo dd76 at umail.umd.edu
Thu Mar 17 13:47:36 EST 1994

In article <002276a.1.2D85EA2D at axe.acadiau.ca>, 002276a at axe.acadiau.ca
(TREVOR S. AVERY) wrote:

> Which network is best suited to find out information about scallops,
> particularily Placopecten sp., AND which would be suited for taxonomic
> information ?  I am having trouble tracing the taxonomic history of
> Placopecten.  I need to know which author first elevated Placopecten to the
> genus level from the subgenus level.
>
> thanks

Have you gotten in touch with Thomas Waller at the Museum of Natural
History in DC (Smithsonian)?  I can give you phone or address if you need
it.  I'm sure he'd be keen to help out. He's in the dept of Paleobiology
but is their primary expert on molluscs and scallops are his particular
area of expertise.

Deborah
dd76 at umail.umd.edu