Call for Papers: 7th Annual Conf. on Biomedical Eng.

Payman Arabshahi payman at u.washington.edu
Fri Mar 18 17:53:07 EST 1994

Received from Dr. Edmond Zahedi, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran.

-Payman

---

Dear Colleague,

It is a pleasure for me to send you a copy of the First Call for papers of
the 7th Annual Conference on Biomedical Engineering. Should you note that
acceptance is based on full-paper receipt. Please forward this
information to anyone who might be interested by this conference.

Conference Chair.
| Edmond Zahedi                          E-mail: zahedi at irearn.bitnet   |
| Assistant Professor                                                   |
| Electrical Engineering Dept            Fax:    9821 - 6012983         |
| SHARIF University of Technology                9821 - 918616          |
| P0 Box  11365-9363                                                    |
| Tehran - IRAN                          Phone:  9821 - 6005317         |
|_______________________________________________________________________|

		        First Call for Papers
        7th Annual Conference on Biomedical Engineering
                        December 18-21, 1994

    Sharif University of Technology, Electrical Engineering Dept.,
  Biomedical Engineering Program, P.O. Box 11365-9363, Tehran, Iran
        Fax : 9821-601-2983, 9821-918-616, Tel : 9821-600-5317,
                    E-mail : ibme94 at irearn.bitnet

                         SUGGESTED GENERAL AREAS
                         -----------------------

	Bioelectric & Biomechanical Phenomena

        Biomedical Engineering Education

        Biomaterials

        Biosensors

        Electromagnetic Interactions

        Instrumentation

        Medical Informatics

        Medical, Physiological, and Microscopic Imaging

        Modeling of Physiological Systems

        Patient Care Units Automation

        Rehabilitation Engineering

        Signal Analysis

        Speech, Hearing and Vision

        Standardization of Medical Instruments

        Ultrasonic Tissue Characterization

                             IMPORTANT DATES
                             ---------------
Deadline for Receipt of Full Papers:                    July 1, 1994

Notification of Acceptance:                             September 1, 1994

Last Date for Registration and Hotel Reservation:       October 1, 1994

                           AUTHOR'S INSTRUCTIONS
                           ---------------------

1. Printed papers in the Conference Proceedings are limited to a maximum
   of ten pages.

2. Prepare your papers on 216 X 279 mm (8.5 X 11 ") size paper. If you are
   using an A4 paper,  adjust the upper margin as specified below.

3. Provide an abstract, introduction, methods, results, discussion,
   conclusion, acknowledgment, and references in separate sections.

4. Leave margins of 25 mm at the top and bottom ( 41 mm at the top and 25mm
   at the bottom if A4 size paper is used), and 23 mm (20 mm if A4 size paper
   is used) on the left and right sides.

5. Print the title of the paper in bold, capital letters of size 14 points.
   Use regular characters of 12 for the names and affiliation of authors (with
   full postal addresses), which should follow the title. Use the full width of
   the paper for the title and author list, and center these lines.

7. Use regular characters of size 12 for the text of the paper.

8. Use metric/SI/MKS units as appropriate.

9. Type or print in black ink with a laser printer or high-quality typewriter

10. Do not print any page numbers, rather write them in pencil.

11. Complete the registration form attached and make a copy for your records.

                            REGISTRATION FORM
                            -----------------
            7th Annual Conference on Biomedical Engineering

Name :

Title and Department :

Company or Institution :

Address :

City, State, Country, Zip :

Telephone :                                     Fax :

E-mail :

Registration Fees :                             Regular Rate    $150
                                                Student Rate    $ 75

Includes proceedings, lunches, awards dinner, refreshments and tour of
Tehran which will be conducted on the last day of the conference.

Workshops and Tutorials*:                                       $ 75 each
        Neural networks in biomedical engineering
        Fuzzy sets and its application in biomedical engineering
        Medical instrumentation and signal acquisition
        Medical imaging and image processing
        Physiological modeling
        3-D ultrasound imaging (sonography)

*Some of these sessions may be canceled due to insufficient number
of participants. There may be overlaps of some of the sessions. In either
case payments are refundable at the conference site.

Awards :
        Awards will be given to three of the best student scientific
papers. To be eligible the student must be the first author and have
an official letter from the Registrar of his/her institution stating
that he/she is a student.

Please check the following boxes :
Are you a participant in the student paper contest ?    Yes (  )        No (  )
Do you need hotel reservations ?                        Yes (  )        No (  )
Do you require visa information ?                       Yes (  )        No (  )