I need an E. coli strain

rumbley catherine a crumbley at uxa.cso.uiuc.edu
Mon Mar 21 12:51:28 EST 1994

I am looking for an E.coli strain to use for expression of soluble
protein from a phagemid vector. I am currently using the Pharmacia phage-
display kit and I want to produce soluble single-chain antibody protein.
I have read an amber codon can be inserted between the gene for the antibody
and the f3 gene of the phage. I have done this and now I need an E.coli
strain that is a non-suppressor strain to express this protein. I have read
articles where labs use HB2151 but I have not been able to locate this strain.
Does anyone know where I can get it or another strain that will work?
Thanks

Cathy Rumbley
crumbley at uxa.cso.uiuc.edu
.