Cockroach mutants

Andrew Cockburn afc at gnv.ifas.ufl.edu
Mon Mar 21 10:49:35 EST 1994

In article <2m78rd$5aa at mojo.eng.umd.edu>, misha at eng.umd.edu (Michael Stepanov) writes:
> I'm trying to find white-eyed mutants of P.americana. Have anybody ever
> used search in the databases for insect mutants? I'll appreciate any tips.

My mailer didn't work, so I'll post this.

What insect mutant databases?  You can't search something that doesn't exist,
and I think that the only that does is for Drosophila.

You should contact Dr. Mary Ross at VPI.  She is one of the only cockroach
geneticists in the world, and she would know if such a thing was available.

Andrew Cockburn
USDA