Admission to UBC

LERICKSO at CROP.UOGUELPH.CA LERICKSO at CROP.UOGUELPH.CA
Tue Mar 22 08:40:35 EST 1994

> To:             bioforum at net.bio.net
> From:           smoore at sas.upenn.edu (Sean David Moore)
> Subject:        Admission to UBC
> Date sent:      21 Mar 1994 16:20:50 GMT

> I was wondering if anyone here could help me.
>
> I have been trying for some time now to get the E-mail address of SOMEONE
> at the Univ. Of British Columbia.
> \
>
> Since I will be applying there for Grad work in Molbio, I figured somebody
> in here would know where to write.
>
> Thanks in Advance.
>
> Sean MOore
> smoore at sas.upenn.edu
> tatabox at aol.com

Fellow netters;
    I would like to discourage this kind of posting especially when
it means that someone at UBC is going to asked for specific kinds of
questions about programs etc that he/she may know nothing about. I
get far too many of the kind:
    "Please send me any information regarding graduate studies in
your Dept of Electrical Engineering".
    Quite often we don't even have such a department and it may not
be always a simple matter to answer these enquiries. Given the number
and variability of these requests, I simply do not have the time to
answer them and they are deleted. It is obvious that some people are
scavenging names from somewhere of people from various universities
around the world and sending out shot-gun requests for information.
The situation has become, in my case anyway and in my opinion,
abusive.
    C'est assez alors.

Larry R. Erickson,
Department of Crop Science,
University of Guelph,
Guelph, Ontario,
Canada  N1G 2W1
Internet: LERICKSO at CROP.UOGUELPH.CA
Fax: 519-763-8933  Phone: 519-824-4120 Ext. 3398