Dominant gene traits

Karla L. Nohalty nohalty at
Mon Mar 21 17:55:32 EST 1994

Hi, this is a general question that came up between myself and some
friends.  I would appreciate any e-mail (to klnohalty at that
can shed some light on the subject.

A friend of ours has brown eyes, but she has to light (blue and green
I think) eyed parents.  From what I remember of my bio, the light colored
eyes are a product of a recessive gene trait. So, when to recessive genes
are crossed with two other recessive genes, all combinations come out
recessive (or so we thought!)  Are there some cases when a dominant
gene (i.e., brown eyes) may be present in an individual, yet not assert

Thanks in advance!