NEED HELP: Wanting to buy a microscope.

Antonio Guia guia at CC.UManitoba.CA
Tue Mar 22 23:25:46 EST 1994

On 23 Mar 1994, Brad Smalling wrote:
> I would like to buy a standard High-School level optical microscope.  My
> guess is that they are relatively expensive (i.e. small demand, big price).
>   (2) Are used microscopes available?  If so, again, where can find a

check with your local medical school.   In many institutions the medical
students are required to purchase a microscope for themselves and many of
them have no further need for them once they finish their training.

>   (3) Are there any manufacturers that I should look for or avoid?

deffinitely get the ones with their own light source instead of the mirror
attachment.

>   (4) Do you have any other advice, information, or opinions on the subject?

If you have any choice in the matter, try to get inverted microscopes.

> I want it for strictly personal/recreational use (I'm a software geek looking

:)   no, i won't ask.

-tg